Getting Started: Your First Week at Work
Welcome aboard! We're excited to have you with us!
TO DO List:
BEFORE DAY ONE
- Complete the New Hire Personal Information Form sent by Library HR for entry into the UCPath Payroll System.
- Complete the Universal background check sent to you via email
- Complete Section 1 of the I9 which is automatically sent via email after successful hire in UCPath.
- Request a complimentary "first day" parking permit from Library HR.
- Meet with Ryan George or Brandyn Gibson in Library Human Resources (Administration 3rd Floor)
- Turn your UCSB Campus ID / Access Card into a library card at the Services Desk
- Transportation and Parking
- Tour your department and meet your colleagues!
- Set up your phone voice greeting and learn how to access your messages.
- Explore Resources for Library Employees. Got questions? Ask a colleague. Who are your colleagues? Check out the Staff Directory
- Log-in to your assigned computer/s with your Windows login/password
- Log-in to Confluence Wiki and explore the library's collaborative spaces
- Register for a Campus New Employee Orientation webinar.
- Plan to attend or view a UCPath Benefits Webinar.
- Departmental training
- As time allows, become familiar with the Library's Mission, Vision and Values, Strategic Roadmap, as well as past newsletters and other library communications (see right-hand column)
- Library tour beyond your department (by Director/Supervisor)
- Review the Emergency Response Manual & explore the Library Safety and Security Councils wiki pages.
- Schedule time with your department DSR to go over the New Employee Checklist.
- Begin required compliance trainings (Sexual Harassment, Cyber Security, Ethics, Substance Abuse) via the UC Learning Center
- Watch the 'X' Model of Engagement by BlessingWhite to understand how to align your job satisfaction with your job contributions.
AFTER DAY TWO:
- Departmental training
- Schedule a meeting with your DSR (Department Safety Representative) for a safety tour and evacuation orientation during the first week
- Complete the UCSB Online Ergonomic Training & Assessment via UC Learning Center and schedule an office ergonomic evaluation with Building Operations staff (x3220) within first month
- Review the Travel Planning and Reimbursement Guidelines
- Websites / Information to explore
- Review union contract (if applicable)
- Contact Library Administration to place an order for business cards.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: LIBRARIANS AND ACADEMIC APPOINTMENTS
Leave Administration (for Staff employees)
Leave of Absence (for Academic employees)